“It’s so boring, I have nothing to do,” is a common phrase repeated endlessly by kids and even adults at times when they are overwhelmed with their mundane chores. Boredom kills productivity and hence to feel the zing again kill the boredom.
This is how I keep myself busy when I am bored with my regular routine.
- Learn a new language: There are several free apps that can be downloaded and you can learn something new for free as these apps make learning fun and challenging – not the boring classroom types!
- Click Photos: The freedom that the latest cameras and Smartphones give is amazing. You can click innumerable photos and use filters edit them; it is fun and totally engrossing.
- Go for a walk: It will benefit you both physically and mentally as the blood starts coursing through your system you will feel invigorated and alive.
- Catch up with friends: Who can brighten any dull spot in life but friends. Meet over a game of dumb charades or taboo or Pictionary. While it is fun it will also give your brain work to do and not rust over useless gossip.
- Res organize your room: Give it a new look.
- Start a blog: Share your passion for cooking, reading or anything else with other like-minded
- Start a garden: Nothing comes close to seeing a plant from its seedling stage to a plant; it is akin to a child growing. Don’t miss it.
- Back up your devices: Often this task is relegated to the last on the priority list. Back up and free storage space by de-cluttering and deleting unnecessary downloads.
- Bake: Try out new recipes and new dishes.
- Have a long bath: And finally to be most productive rewind and relax with a nice long soothing soak in the bathtub.